Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Monster Eye Cake

Good morning, everyone!  Happy Tuesday!!  Today's post is going to be pretty brief; we're winding up for the Holiday season, and with all of the fun that comes with that, that also brings the school projects home.
As I write this, I should be cutting out leaves and two large cardboard waves.  Be jealous of my evening.  
This is actually a pretty cute cake to make for Halloween.  Since this is using a cake mix, and a premade frosting, this is more of a technique.  My daughter LOVED making this, and thought it was hilarious when we put the eyes on!
Here's your grocery list for this one:
1 cake mix, flavor of choice
Frosting of choice
Oreos, both regular size and mini
Any kind of small candy (like M&Ms)*

Okay, so, once your cake has been baked, let it cool on a cooling rack until completely cooled.  Put three pieces of wax paper or parchment paper down onto your serving plate.  After you ice the cake, and pull the wax paper out, your serving plate will be clean from icing!
 

 
Try to get your icing smooth, but, don't worry about it being perfect!  It's supposed to be a Halloween cake!  Now, take two halves of Oreos with the frosting on them, and put two of them close together.  I had a few extra candy eyes laying around, so I put those on, too! 
 

 

 


I melted some chocolate, since I didn't have any small M&M type candy laying around the house.  I used a toothpick to draw some pupils onto the Oreos.  If you have some small candy, you can use either some melted chocolate or frosting to stick them on for the pupils; Reese's Pieces or Skittles would make for some fun, creepy colored eyes! 


No comments:

Post a Comment