Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Brown Rice (Beef Consume Rice)

Hello, everyone!  Happy Tuesday!  I don't know about you, but I, for one, am very excited to be going through a new week!  I was horribly sick last week, and am very excited to say that I'm feeling much better!  I'm still pretty weak, so I figured I would put together a quick and easy recipe for today's post! 
This is a very easy recipe that is always a crowd pleaser - for some reason, we usually had it on holidays growing up; I still don't make it that often, and every time I make it, I always question why I don't!  
This is so easy, and so quick to put together, it is great as a go-to for a weeknight meal!  Even better, it can be prepped ahead of time and just popped into the oven that night.  The beef consume adds a subtle beef flavor to the rice, and the butter adds a velvety texture that really brings this side dish together!  It's a really nice take on plain rice, or rice pilaf from a box (you know, of the San Francisco treat variety...)
Ready to get started?  Let's go!

Here's your grocery list for this one:
1 C white rice
2 cans been consume
1 stick butter

That's it!  This is going to go pretty quickly, so we'll just jump right in!  To start off with, preheat your oven to 350*, and pour the rice into a small baking dish - mine was a 2 qt baking dish (it was roughly 9"x6").
 
Pour the beef consume over the rice, and add in the butter.  You can put the stick in whole, or cut it up - it really doesn't matter! 
 





Cover tightly with aluminum foil, and bake for 1 hour.  Uncover, and serve!  It really is just that easy!!   
 





The rice absorbs all of the liquid, and doesn't stick to the bottom of the pan!  It is fluffy and delicious!  



2 comments:

  1. I love this rice. Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trying to find a recipe for this using actual BROWN rice.

    ReplyDelete