Thursday, September 17, 2015

Seasoned Potato Wedges

Hello, everyone!  Good morning!  I figured with college football season upon us, I'd do another post on a good tailgating food.
Potato wedges!  I love potatoes, in almost any form I can get them in (for some reason, I don't like mashed potatoes.  I wish I did, they're everywhere.), and this is one of my favorites!  These are fluffy on the inside while being crispy on the outside, it is perfection in potato form!
Seriously.  Who doesn't like potatoes?  Even better is that with these, is that the potato wedges are tossed in their seasonings in a zip top bag, so there are even fewer dishes to wash!  I'm often looking for different ways to make potatoes with my meals, and this one is definitely a fun way to shake things up!  Add in different seasonings, some minced garlic, some Parmesan cheese, and you have a whole different potato dish!   
Here's your grocery list for this one:
3-4 Russet potatoes
2 tsp Kosher salt
2 tsp paprika
2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp dried thyme
1 tsp dried rosemary
4 Tbs vegetable oil

Nonstick spray

Okay, to start off with, preheat your oven to 375*, and scrub your potatoes.  I like to leave the skins on, because I think they just taste better, and there are a lot of nutrients in the skins.  So, your potatoes are scrubbed, get your zip top bag ready.  Put all of the spices and oil into the bag, and shake well to mix.



Once your zip top bag is ready, slice up those potatoes!  I cut mine in half, and then into thirds to make the wedges; once all of your potatoes are cut up, put them into the zip top bag, and give 'em a good toss around!



Line a baking sheet with some aluminum foil, and spray it with the nonstick spray.  You don't want these potatoes to stick to the foil!  Line your potato wedges up, so that they form a single layer.  Try, if you can, to get them skin side down.  If you can't get them skin side don't, don't worry, it'll be okay, the flesh side just won't get as crispy.  

Bake these at 375* for 35 minutes; I love recipes that you can just put something into the oven with and not touch until it's ready to eat!  Serve these up with some bacon bits, some sour cream (or, if you must, some chives), and you have an amazing side dish, or appetizer for football season!






No comments:

Post a Comment