Thursday, June 18, 2015

Frosted Lemonade

 Hi everyone!  Happy (hot!) Thursday!  For today, I figured I'd give us a nice, frosty beverage, to help us beat the summer heat!
There is a fast food restaurant that advertises Frosted Lemonade, for the summer only, and I got one the other day.  I wasn't sure how I would feel about it....dairy and lemonade?  How could that possibly be good?
Oh, how wrong was I?
Very.

As soon as I got home, I tried to reverse engineer it, because it had to be in my life more than once (this fast food restaurant is a little bit of drive from my house, and no matter how I tried to spin it, I can't excuse driving 30 minutes just for something this tasty.  Almost, but not quite.)
I think I have come very, very close with what I have here.  It's still pretty tart, so if you want it sweeter, I'll leave instructions for that down below.
Let's get started, so you can have your own lovely chilly beverage of your own! 

Here's your grocery list for this one:
1 Can frozen lemonade, from concentrate
2 C ice cubes
3-4 C vanilla ice cream
1/2 Can sweetened condensed milk*

This is pretty straight forward, so there's not going to be much to this post (even better, because it'll get you to goodness quicker!).  To start off with, put your can of lemonade concentrate and ice in a blender, and blend it up to be nice and smooth. 
 



If you want your frosted lemonade to be a little sweeter (so it doesn't leave you with a pucker), pour in half of the can of sweetened condensed milk here, and add the ice cream.  Again, blend up until it is smooth! 




I like mine with a good pucker still, so I didn't put the condensed milk in mine; my daughter drank hers so fast she gave herself a brain freeze, so it's pretty good!  This will definitely help get us through the hot, humid summers!



No comments:

Post a Comment