Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Creamy Fudge popsicles

Hi, everyone!  Today may be Tuesday, however, as you're reading this, I'm on vacation!  My husband and I are off on an amazing adventure in Alaska, somewhere that has been on my bucket list to visit for as long as I can remember!
The other day, my daughter wanted to help me do some work in the kitchen, and I figured with summer coming up, we could make some creamy fudge-y popsicles like I used to love when I was her age.

These come together very quickly, which is helpful, because a 3 year olds attention span isn't very long!  
You can easily do this with homemade pudding, and homemade whipped cream, but, today, I chose not to.  I wanted something that I could put together in about 5 minutes, pop in the freezer, and leave my daughter with the joy of completing a recipe, mostly by herself.  
That sense of accomplishment will (hopefully) encourage her to do more and more in the kitchen (even though she already loves being in there with me, there is nothing wrong with fostering that love!).
These popsicles really are very creamy.  I'd thought about just using the pudding and milk, but I thought that the whipped cream would really put these popsicles over the top!  Lets get started!
Here's your grocery list for this one:
Chocolate pudding mix, standard size
2 cups milk (I used 2%)
1 C whipped cream topping

Okay!  I'm not sure if you can figure out this "recipe" based on the ingredients, but we'll roll with it anyway.  To start off with, in a medium sized bowl, pour your pudding mix in, and 1 cup of milk.  I like to whisk my milk in 1 cup at a time.  I find that this gets rid of the lumps in the pudding faster.

Whisk in your 2nd cup of milk, then fold in your cup of whipped cream topping, making sure that it is well incorporated.  



How easy is that?  Once it is well mixed, spoon the mixture into your popsicle molds - I got these at the Dollar Tree the Easter bunny brought these for my daughter, but if you don't have any molds, no worries!  You can go the old school route and put them in a little paper cup, with a popsicle stick in the middle!
Freeze for at least 4 hours.  You may have to run some warm water around the outside to get the popsicle to come out easily.  I had enough for 2 sets of molds, and enough left over for my daughter to lick off of her chocolaty sticky fingers!





No comments:

Post a Comment